Thursday, December 9, 2010

4 year old Boy Gifts - Christmas Style!

So a friend of mine did a similar post on her blog. I thought I'd do one for our boys too! I hope it is helpful for any of you out there trying to buy for a 4 year old. Because my 3 year old truly believes he is also 4 years old, some of this stuff is also for him. I also have Lil'Dude's Birthday in January we'll be buying for so some of the gifts are for that too. (Although yes, even knowing that I still overspent for Christmas. I..just...can't...stop...buying!)

Leap Frog Explorer okay so I will say that Lil'Dude is pretty hand-eye coordinated and he adores handheld games. He's been able to play Brewerman's PSP (which he is only allowed very randomly for reasons like this.) for about a year now. Santa is also bringing two games. What can I say? My cookies must be awesome.

Iron Man Battling Headquarters Tank he loves all thing Iron Man and is really starting to get into figurines (oh wait EH HEM - ACTION FIGURES as my husband would angrily correct me while he secretly plays with his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that he keeps because "they are collectible". Even with all that rust? Please.).

Lincoln Logs their classic. Their wood. What's not to love?

Where's Waldo Book because we adore finding things, especially Lil'Dude.

Nerf Gun we got the Star Wars one but also got a basic one for our 3 year old. They love these darned things, and I've tried my darndest not to go there, but alas I can't resist.

Imaginext Firehouse they love these things!! They also like the crane, boat, batman cave, etc etc.

Lego's any and all, they love them! But GEES them things are expensive nowadays.

Candy Land and Chutes and LaddersI'm loving that they are old enough to play games now!! We'll see how this goes, or if it just makes them scream for candy. Or if they are like their daddy they will only want to play games he can beat me at or he'll end up throwing the Monopoly board across the room in a fit to rival our 2 year old. Oops? Did I just mention that?
Memory Game I would stink at this game since I've had kids and it's basically fried my memory board.

Don't Break the Ice okay okay so I went overboard with the games...whatever.

Monster Jam Smash and Crash Stadium yeah this might have been an after thought, it was on sale. But they DO love themselves some Monster Jams. We are even going in February! Such rednecks...

Monster Jam for Wii this is a game he can actually play! And again, they love big trucks and smashing things sooooo.....

How to Train Your Dragon we saw this movie in 3D in the big theatre and they loved it so now they love watching it at home. Some kids are scared, my kids just think fire and blowing up stuff is "awesome". I'm so in trouble.

Chipmunks the Squekquel DVD much to my dismay...man those things are annoying!! No like really really annoying. Bring me Wiggles anyday.

-Tonka Lights N Sound Fire Engine and Tonka Might Motorized Trash Truck okay so technically they got these last year but they still play with them daily!! They love these things!  I just have to include them for anyone looking for gifts.

- Leapster Tag Reading System this will be a birthday gift for Lil'Dude. We have the Tag Jr but we need something a little older and less "let's pound it on the table as hard as we can" ish.

- Paper Jamz Guitar Okay so this is really for our "cutest most baddest rocker" 3 year old ever. He loves anything and all "Rock Guitar". His favorite song is Master of Puppets. Favorite game Guitar Hero (which is so funny Brewerman doesn't play that anymore either since I've gotten better than him...hmmmm). I know. Your all "dude. it's paper" but it's more plastic-y and it's 20$. It's what he wants. Why bother NOT doing it?

- We also always buy them coloring supplies for their stocking, and bath toys. Plus some un-cool stuff such as new toothbrushes. Yeah I know, gotta have one lame gift in there. I figure it makes up for the 5 lbs of candy we have for "them". Even thought it's all our favorites. Or something I'd really really love if I was a kid. But never got. *sigh* I was so mistreated as a child.

We do big for Christmas but not as big for birthdays and we never buy throughout the year for our kids so we feel like that makes it okay. Have I told you how much I love Christmas? No? Well let me just enlighten you on how much I adore Christmas with this post. Did I tell you my name mean's Christmas child too?

1 comment:

  1. Can I come live at your house just for Christmas? Wow! I can't wait to see a picture of all this (well almost all of it if you save some for his birthday) under your tree! LOL.

    Karen O'Toole aka weadoptedthree

    ReplyDelete