Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cutest of the Cute Catepillar Cupcakes

I helped to host a baby shower for my great friend Janelleybean recently. Sadly be recently I mean weeks ago...let's just say she has hence had the baby and he is perfect in a perfect little perfect package.

One of the things I was in charge of for the shower was the cake portion. It was a diaper shower and we didn't really have a specifc theme so I could do whatever I wanted, which was fun.

I decided I wanted something sweet and cute. I also wanted cupcakes since her husband is slightly obsessed with cupcakes. I knew they would want my almond cake and I added raspberry and blueberry filling with my homemade yum-o icing on top.

I decided on little green catepillars on yellow icing and blue icing with little white pearls on top. They were so easy but so simple and cute. Eveything was edible on them (the little atennaes are thin spaghetti colored blue and the balls of the catepillar are fondant). In the end it was stress free, adorable, and reminded me how much I love to do this.

Here they are:





The shower turned out great and it was so much fun. I adore Janelleybean. And yes, she adores me even though this happened. Plus she makes really cute kids. Her newest baby Noah stole my heart from day 1.

Actually I adore all the ladies there and think it's the only baby shower that could hold some of the conversations we were having. Hilarity. I'd tell you but you know what they say...what happens at the baby shower, stays at the baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment