Thursday, November 18, 2010

"The Lake" Incident

Okay ladies and gents....today is Lil'Guy's turn to take part in my parenting lack-of-awesomeness.

Remember "The Phone" Incident? Well, this isn't quite up there. Not quite as embarrassing or horror-struck, like "The Poop" Incident....but again, that's for another post.

Interested yet? You should be.

So, to set the stage for "The Lake" Incident, let me paint you a picture. Beautiful Spring day. Easter Sunday. I think. Let's say Easter Sunday-ish. We, like the fantastic super fun parents we are, are taking our boys fishing for the first time.

We have all the equipment...

Lovely huh?

Ew.
I had to touch worms. Nasty. That earns me some points already. 

Don't worry. I'm going to lose all of them in a second.


Fun times right? We. Rock.

So we go to the main lake to our neighborhood. We are fishing. We are laughing. We are loving. We are rocking this fishing trip.



"Christopher, you are going to need to back up from the lake. You'll trip."

"No, really, Christopher, stop trying to grab the fish in the water, you are going to fall."

"Christopher!!!"

*SPLASH*

"Oh &%$#*!"


Yup. He fell in.


That patch of deliciousness is moss.

It came from here.
Ew.
By this time all you hear is our laughter, huge uproars.
I even think I pee'd my pants a little.

Needless to say Christopher was NOT amused.

2 comments:

  1. You know you are a good parent when you stop to get a photo first! :) ~A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! Not just one picture...but three. While laughing uproariously. I don't even know if that is a word, but it works!

    ReplyDelete