Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Anyone want a beer?

So I mentioned Brewerman is a brewer of beers. Well, most men I know that brew beer grab themselves a Mr. Beer kit and have a fun little time brewing. Not my guy. Not even in the beginning. Skipped poor Mr. Beer all together.

Sorry Mr. Beer, I'm sure you're a fun guy and all.

This will be a good time to tell you that my lovely hubby doesn't do things half way. If he is into something he needs to have the best and be the best. If he isn't (like the whole "smoker" phase) it goes away quietly in the middle of the night never to be mentioned again.

Well. You may think we always have beer. What you say? Oh, okay a LOT of beer. 36? 48? Oh no. Right now we have 176 beers right now in our home.

But don't think you are invited to come over and get drunk every weekend. While Brewerman does share, he grumbles when he has to too often. He insists said beer will be gone shortly so he tends to horde. To his credit, 96 of those beers are to be taken to Kansas this Thanksgiving (where both him and I were born and raised) for my family to test out.

So I guess that makes him downright Santa Clause. Believe me, he thinks so.

He also brews with all grains, meaning he doesn't use extracts. A lot more work. I will say it's like making your own icing vs buying premade. To which he'd say "Exactly hon!" Then turn around, roll his eyes, and sigh while thinking not only how many ways that it's not only NOT the same but totally and utterly disrespectful to all things beer.

He has a lot of tools for this. They are in his closet, in the garage, in the kitchen. Just don't touch them. Or move them. Or for goodness sake don't use the thermometer to check chicken. I didn't get pics of said tools because frankly I have no idea what each ones are for.




These are the two fridges we have in our garage. Beer Only. Taps? Oh yeah.

His closet. 96 beers here, 3 kegs next to those.Yes it's a mess. No I don't care. His closet.

Or Beer Pantry?

More appropriate since there is more beer than clothes! Ha! I crack myself up...

So next time you come over - have a beer! Try the good stuff, and have more than one...have six! Tell my hubby I said so and enjoy the plastered smile you get on his face all while giving me the evil eye. Just be sure you like craft beer. This aint beerwater, I mean Budweiser.


Pics while brewing to come.

1 comment:

  1. your brother has to be soooooooo jealous! hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete