Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Super hero Cake

Is that a plane?

A bird?

Nope!

It's a Superhero cake!!

Two little superheros were celebrating their birthdays and my friend asked me to make this which, how could I say no!? As a mom to two boys there are some things that are just more fun than having girls. A superhero birthday is one of them.

It was a lot of fun to make, and she pretty much let me have free rein with this one. The challenge on this was that it was for two kid's birthdays which can bring some design challenges, which is why I wanted the two guys on top. More work, but bigger impact too. She didn't want something superhero-specific such as Batman / Iron Man / etc, which was also a challenge but added to the fun also.




 Plus! They got to meet Iron Man and Bat Man! Lil'Dude was in heaven, asking Iron Man how he flies and following Bat Man around until he could take a picture with him. So cute! And no, I don't let my kid run around without shoes but there was a bounce house, and it was way too much work to have them keep taking them off and putting them on so all the kids ran bare foot. Plus...it's just way more fun that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment