Sunday, March 13, 2011

Great Wolf....or Birthday Party??

So I was talking with a friend of mine who said that instead of birthday parties, their kids want to go to Great Wolf Lodge. They also said they had a ball and the kids loved it.

Well I've been dying to bring the kids there. Not only do the boys adore swimming (they can swim already too!)  but they love waterparks / theme parks in general. So I know they are going to love it.

The only negative will be that Lil'Guy thinks he is 5 years old and will not see any reason at all why he can't go on every single ride there is. I think Lil'Dude is actually already 42" tall so that won't be an issue for him...but again that will make it worse for Lil'Guy.

I know this because that is what happened at Legoland this summer. I went with Lil'Dude on a ride that Lil'Guy wasn't old enough for and every time we twirled around to see him and wave we got met with one heck of an evil eye. He was not happy.

Of course by the time we got to the roller coaster they both could ride all was forgotten and he was squealing and giggling while all other small tots were screaming in terror. *Sigh* I'm so screwed aren't I?

I'm pretty sure Great Wolf Lodge would be a hit. But...that would mean forgoing a birthday party for our little man and instead do a small cake and small celebration with whoever would like to go with us if anyone does. They would actually cost us about the same in the long run since I...eh hem...don't really know how "not" to go overboard with parties.

And by that I mean paying for our room and a cake, not paying for everyone else's way. C'mon now. I aint made of mad money over here. And I love my friends but not that much. Maybe if I'd win the lottery.

Nope. Momma would buy herself and Brewerman a vacation to Ireland. And her a new wardrobe. Anything else I'm sure Brewerman would spend on brewing supplies and Q-tips.

Poor friends o'mine. Hey! I'd provide the cake.

Of course, when I asked Lil'Guy, he chose Great Wolf but he's also been wanting to have a "football" party for a while now so I can't decide which.

So I need opinions!! What do you think? Is it worth it to give up a birthday party? What are your thoughts? Have you been there? Is it worth it? Please comment and give me opinions.

4 comments:

  1. Q-tips? That's all I have to comment on...lol! Really though, q-tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh...tough call. I'm voting great wolf. Do you know if they left visitors come to the water park without spending the night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the kids have whatever they want. They'll be happy either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm pretty sure you already know what I'm gonna say ;) ! I assure you though as overboard as we both go on BDay parties I still spend WAY more @ GreatWolf. I have a few money saving tips though next time we talk. If you only go for one night it is a lot cheaper, but most discounts r for 2 nights, not to mention the kicking and screaming is a little less when it's time to go home. For your friend Nicole B., sadly u r not allowed to go to the waterpark unless u purchase a nights stay. I know it's a bummer, but they do it to minimize the crowds of people to make ur stay a little cozier. For Bray's BDay the end cost was about 1,300.00 but after a little experience I have booked Bree's for a grand. OUCH I KNOW ! Also if you decide to go with GreatWolf know that when u book ur stay you have to pay for atleast 1 nights stay, u can pay for the whole thing as well. GreatWolf is an amzing place and I highly recommend it, but VERY pricey ! Good luck : )

    ReplyDelete