Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekly Meal Planner

Here we go again! So last week was a bad week, due to this, that, and the other we didn't cook much. Which just happened to be fine since we had some big dishes at the beginning of the week so it lasted us with lunches and what not. Frankly, my meal schedules aren't to stringent. They can't be...this isn't a fad for me it's a way of life, and I just don't take life that seriously.

This week should be fun! I'm excited about a couple of the dishes that are here:

Monday - Nothing...grocery store night! Sandwiches, chips, whatever...leftovers night!
Tuesday - Tacos in Pasta Shell - Going to try to healthy this up...lowfat cream cheese, less cheese, wheat noodles if I can find...totally excited for this one.
Tuesday - Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken one of my all-time favorites!! mmmmmm and makes a TON!
Wednesday -Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup this was from a couple weeks ago - never made it
Thursday - Tilapia with Skinny Scalloped Potato Gratin
Friday - Chicken Ropa Vieja with Cilantro Lime Rice over tortillas or lettuce for lettuce bowls (and yes this was from last week and we didn't get to it.
Saturday - I'm thinking the Cabbage Casserole from last week...I never got to it and it's an exciting one too because it's new and I have heard such good things about it.
Sunday - Turkey burgers with sweet potato fries

P.s. The Carrot Soup Recipe? Awesome. I added garlic and some minced mushrooms to the mix during the cooking, and let it cook a little while after I added the rosemary. Of course did less butter, 1% milk instead of cream. Oh and topped each bowl with parmesan. Why? Because it's parmesan. Then I served the soup with the Best. Salad. Ever.

Best. Salad. Ever. Recipe:
6 cups Romaine (or Spinach...or whatever)
1 red pepper diced small
Olives chopped (however much you like - we did about 1/2 c or so)
1 cup (ish) chopped mushrooms
1 cup (ish) thinly sliced red onion
1 cup (ish) thinly sliced fennel
A whole bunch of Feta

Layer all the veggies to your liking...top with homemade dressing:

Homemade Dressing:
6 T Olive Oil
3 T White Wine Vinegar
1 large Garlic (if you like garlic)
1 t dried Oregano
dash of salt
1/2 t (or so...to taste) of Sugar

Shake it up, serve! I would let this sit a while if I was serving to company to meld, but it was pretty darned awesome made up 2 seconds before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment