Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Hunt

I am on the hunt.

For two things...

First thing is I want to find the person that gave me this 10 extra pounds I am carrying around now and donkey kick them.


Second is I need ideas for our 10 year Anniversary this June (!!!!!). Holy craptastic. 10 years. Wow. Maybe I will post the hilarious pictures of my awesome wedding. It was good times. We are so Catholic it aint even funny in those photos. Which consist of a crap load of kids, crap load of beer, crap load of food, crap load of bad dancing, large families, and a large Catholic Wedding in a Catholic Church with a Catholic Mass. It was probably the most fun day of my entire life.

So I need some ideas for our anniversary. We would really like to go somewhere but we aren't sure where. I want it to be romantic, but not boring. We don't want to sit in our room staring at each other and making goo goo eyes at each other. However I would like it to be romantic, things to do for two people. But there has to be things to do. 

More like...slide in at midnight, giddy, a little (okay, probably like solidly) drunk, and laughing until we snort. Much like our wedding night.

Not Vegas.

Not Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Brewerman, this means you...so stop suggesting we spend our anniversary looking for houses to move there just so you can brew lagers in the winter.)

Not Wichita, Kansas (sorry mom).

Not Sandles, Beaches, or any other romantic tub-shaped-as-a-champagne-glass kinda place. We don't want cliche. We would also spend the whole time people watching and making fun of the other oogly eyed couples and the newleyweds who are convincing themselves that paddling together on this paddle boat in the middle of the lake while watching swans float in the water is the most fun they have ever had...even thought their partner isn't doing any of the paddling and they are carrying both the weight on this goshforsaken paddle boat in the middle of the goshforsaken resort. While that would be fun, not exactly what we are looking for.

No motels. Or any other hotel with the doors on the outside. Would prefer no big hotel chains.

Not anything rodeo, cowboy, honky tonk, or anything related to the wild wild west. Or camping. Or anything else really dirty and hot. Let's just say I must be able to pack my cute jewelry. And use this as an excuse to buy more.

Not anything where I would have to drive a boat. Especially if I have to pull him water skiing. That is a story for a different time...but lets just say Brewerman and I don't "do" well together on a boat if I have to drive. He's not exactly the most patient of teachers.

Not overly-long travel to get there as we will only be gone probably Thursday night - Sunday night if we can convince enough people to watch our kids.

Not Overseas (we don't have passports and don't those take forever to get?).

Good Food (duh).

Not crowded. Especially with kids.

No Cruises.

Not Super Duper Expensive (lets say $2000 would be max we would want to spend).

A brewery in the area would be a plus for brewerman. A brewery, brewerman. And no, we are not going to Bavaria.

I know it's a lot of fine print...but come on this is our ten year!! PLUS it will be the first time we have ever went somewhere sans kiddos. Now....GO! Please please please give me some ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 10 year wedding anniversary!!! Hubby and I will also celebrate 10 years of wedded bliss this year. Like Brewer man, I love Beer! Therefore, We ARE going to Bavaria, and Austria, and Switzerland, and the Czech Republic, and anywhere else I can get us to on our Eurail pass while were there. Since you guys want to stay state side, how about Golden Colorado or St. Louis Missouri? There are cool towns that just happen to have a brewery nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, now that sounds amazing!! I really was just joking with Brewerman when I said that, it would be an amazing trip especially going to all the places you are thinking of going. I LOVE hard cider and there are some great places for that as well I would like to visit.

      My brother just went to a lot of those places as well for a friend who is from there getting married, if you want a heads up, or any information from a "local".

      How did you even beging planning it? We have talked about going to Ireland or there but I am unsure if we will be able to find babysitting for our kiddos for as long a trip as we want, how many days will you be gone?

      Jealous!!!

      Delete
    2. I use Rick Steves'guide books when planning European vacations. He has a seperate guide book for each country you would want to go to or he has a book called, "Europe through the back door." That book is a great help if you want to visit various countries while you are there. We are planning a 10 day trip and we are taking our son with us when we go. He will have just turned 4 when we leave. My mom wants us to let her keep him while we are gone but we don't want to be away from him for that long. I went on a 2 week girls trip to Italy 2 years ago for my best friend's 45th birthday. It about killed me to be away from him for that long. Hubby emailed me pictures of what they were up to every day and I would find a little internet cafe somewhere so that I could read my emails. I don't want to be away from Willie that long again and my mom isn't internet savy enough to send me daily updates. Have fun planning your trip!

      Delete
  2. It's cheap to go to the Caribbean in the summer because it's their off season. Or what about a cruise??? They go out of Galveston! Good Luck. Our anniversary is 6/12....13yrs!

    ReplyDelete