Monday, April 25, 2011

Worst. Easter. Ever.

Okay not really, that might be a little melodramatic. And frankly the kids were here with us, and everyone is healthy and loved so it was still very awesome.

BUT! But...I had a cold.

Which means....*sob*....I couldn't....*sniff*.... TASTE anything!!

It was horrible. All those Starburst Jellybeans...and Tropical Skittles...even the darn Rolos, all the candy I only buy a few times a year, wasted.We had a whole fantastic delicious menu consisting of only the most off-limits-on-my-diet foods. Friendship bread (YUM), Maple Sausage, Brewerman's Hummus (!!), Ribeye with blue cheese and sauteed mushrooms and onions, cheesey potatoes, and last of all.....Red Velvet Cake. Okay so I wasn't excited at all about the cake, since I'm not a huge fan of cake, but anywho.

Now. Let's not get all crazy and say I still didn't eat any of it and stuck to my diet just because I couldn't really taste anything. Psh. Amatures. I just had to do a combination of swallowing/blowing my nose/sniffling and i'd get a hint of flavor. Brewerman was thrilled to have me at that table let me tell you.

But besides that worst news of the whole weekend we had a good weekend. Brewerman had some sickie stuff going on all week so my family wasn't able to come down...which sucks. I miss the heck out of our family. Hard. But we were still able to meet up with friends and have a great Easter Potluck and egg hunt. It was such a great time to get to know the families around the area. I love this neighborhood!

Lil' Guy hamming it up
Lil Dude having a ball





















The good news is they are old enough now to do awesome on the egg hunt...the bad news is that they are also now old enough to NOT share their candy with their parents...so we have to steal it behind their backs. Lil Dude did pretty good too and even laughed (LAUGHED!) when another kid beat him to an egg. That's right, my ultra-competitive son was NOT a poor sport.
The boys and their loot.

Last but not least we put the kiddos to bed after yet another round of horrible storms, and the Easter Bunny came! This year I refused to do a whole lot. I want to keep it to a minimum. They each got one toy and candy. Lil'Dude was thrilled with his Nee Hai Kai Lan ?? Leapster game, but Lil'Guy....oh that boy. He was totally unimpressed with his instrument set. Oh eventually he liked to play the harmonica, but that was just because Lil'Dude tried to play with it. So a total parenting fail on that one.


Me & my boys.

So all in all, fantastic weekend because I adore my children, horrible weekend because it wasn't able to revolve around food. I have a feeling I'm going to make a very cranky healthy person....

No comments:

Post a Comment