Sunday, April 3, 2011

Guilty Nerdy Pleasures

I have a guilty pleasure....no I don't do illegal drugs...I'm not into something ultra freaky. Well that I'd be willing to admit on a blog anyway.

But I do read. A lot! I know, what's so bad about reading right? Even if I do read 3 books a week on average (I read fast).

Here's your answer: it's the type of books. I adore, and I mean ADORE paranormal romance. Think titles such as Demons from the Dark, or All I want for Christmas is a Vampire. And even though I have come to terms with my guilty pleasure, my lovely husband still blushes when he has to pick up a book for me at the library. And darn it if the fact that he still does it is yet another reason why I love him.

Oh and shout out to my local Library: Frisco Library. They have a drive thru book lane where you can drop off and pick up books, a great story time, and a huge selection of all my favorites! I can place a hold online and they will call me when it's ready. Oh, OH! They also have digital books available that I can check out on my Nook! Oh swoon! Be still my heart....

It took me a while to admit my love of all things freaky deaky fantasy romance, but then I realized who cares!? I enjoy it, so who cares if other people think it's all smut? (Which it really is. Deliciously so!)

Vampires, werewolves, witches. I love them! They don't have to be super heavy on the romance but there does have to be some romance. If they don't they have to be really really good. I read super fast and don't tolerate boring. I'll skim without even realizing it if I get bored or the author goes into too much detail. Oh and please hold off on all things Science Fiction. If it's about an alien, I'm out.

I thought there might be others out there with the same guilty pleasure so I'm going to start posting on books I'm reading each week. Well...I'm going to TRY to post this every week. Like I said, I tend to read a lot. And I'm horrible with commitments. Okay so I hope to post once a month.

I'll start by just posting some of my favorite books / series:

- The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning - my latest love. First book was eh but the next ones made fall more and more in love with it.
- Sookie Stackhouse by Charlene Harris
- Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole - ADORE this but heavy on romance.
- Night Huntress by Jeanine Frost
- Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs - pretty much everything by her I like, this is more werewolves plus a little bit of everything
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Series (awesome but very very detailed...some parts were boring)
- The Tale of the Vampire Bride by Rhiannon Frater - this was more dark but it was awesome.
- Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling (a rare non-romance I loved but her fantasy world was amazing!)
- Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost

I did like Twilight also but frankly it's a little too teenage for me. I mean for goodness sakes just get it on already! Ha! No kidding....okay kind of kidding. Okay not at all. Bella is a little too immature and whiny for me also. Dude, desperate much?

I don't ONLY read paranormal romance but it is my favorite style. I mostly get my books from the library but now I have a Nook so I buy them there also. I'm just super duper cheap so I tend to rent more. I love all kids of book and when I get sick of one genre I jump to the next. But I will always love a good paranormal romance. Oh and save your books that make you think. I don't really "do" thinking. Shocker, I know.

So there it is. My confession. Under all this fabulousness, I'm really a nerd. A dirty dirty nerd that reads dirty dirty books.

No comments:

Post a Comment