Monday, February 11, 2013

Moving Sucks.

That wasn't a very positive title was it?

Well it's true folks. Nothing about moving is fun except for the fact that you are hopefully gaining more or better space.

Even that doesn't make all this work seem like it's worth it. It really is the epitome of suck.

Alas, we are busting out of the seams of our current house. Yes. Busting out, I say. Just picture a house bulging out and being held together by a single nail with a little bead of sweat coming down it's head from all the pressure building. That makes me giggle. We really do just have entirely too much junk: toys, paper, holiday decorations, nick-knacks, children's books, fat and skinny clothes, just STUFF.

I should just throw it all away....but alas my hoardish / cheap ways come into full swing because most of that stuff we just "might NEED" someday.

Whatever. It's totally true. Then I will laugh crazily as I make my Belgian waffles and stare at my 50 or so empty picture frames that have yet to be hung 5 years later...since that requires I actually print pictures every few years.

Anyways, we have found our dream house. It's gorgeous. It's big. More importantly, it's perfectly painted so that I will never have to paint again. Now that they've accepted the offer (and on the off chance they read this award-winning multi-reader blog) I can tell you how much we adore it.

We adore it. Alot.

That means the most horrific awful absolutely dreadful thing must happen....we have to put our current house on the market. Yuck. I do adore my quaint little house. It's actually not that small but it sure does seem like it when you add a bossy little two year old and every one of her purses. So, we got a realtor who we really like....and we agreed to a price (that should be spot on since the other real Realtors we interviewed and one skeezeball of a realtor all said the same). After that, they gave us a few tips, and we spent the next 48 hours going non-stop cleaning, decluttering, painting, fixing, repairing, mowing, more decluttering, even more cleaning, and more painting.

First of all, can I just apologize to every person who has ever been to my house in the last three years? I have never realized how horrifying it was...I mean I never even realized how disgusting it was!? I guess you just never realize how filthy your house is until you take a magnifying glass to it. Yeck. We did though...we cleaned a LOT and then we decluttered and moved all the "extra" to the garage. It's pitiful to see that this is just our extra and we can barely fit it in the garage. We then went on to paint walls, baseboards, and doors and repair anything that needs it. Then we had to repaint everything after we stupidly told the kids not to touch the walls...which led to every single one of them touching the walls. Psh. Rookie mistake.

****Of course if you are reading this and would like to buy our beautiful house let me tell you I exaggerate so much, I mean really this house is gorgeous and smells like a rainbow after rain...with a touch of unicorn and poppy to it. I am in awe of how absolutely perfect this house is and really you should buy it. Now. Today preferably.****

Because if I have to tell six little grubby hands to keep off the walls one more time I might just lose it people. Keeping a show in home condition with a 2, 4, and 6 year old is probably the worst job in the entire universe. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I want it perfect...because I want that sucker gone. I mean it can't get any worse, that's for sure. I even have to make my bed. No, like every single day! What!?

I'm already over the whole silly thing. We need to sell this thing tomorrow because I can only smash a days worth of laundry in our hamper...which that means I have to do laundry, like every single day.

Luckily our new almost-home is just about 4 blocks away so when we do finally sell our current home, we can just have the kids move all our junk on their bikes. Yay for having three kids to do your heavy lifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment