Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's Official. I'm a mom to a 4 year old.

So today is the day Lil'Dude turns 4. What in the heck is up with that!? I mean 4 just sounds so old. I'm going to be a mess at 5. 5 is just too old to even go there right now.

Ahhhh good old 4. He is getting so much more conversational. He comes up with some of the funniest stuff, but my favorite phrase is "I love you sooo much mom". I can play games with Lil'Dude now....as long as he wins. I have a uber competitive child turns out. Wonder where he gets that from?

But now that he's 4 people can start saying things like "he is way too old to be acting that way" or "he is old enough to know better". And he's officially not a toddler. I officially skip the baby aisles in the store. Next year he'll be in preschool and that's a hop skip and a jump from Kindergarten. Way too soon. Yet not soon enough since he's getting smarter by the day.

My very first photo

Aw my sweet hairy boy. 


I love my little boy. He's so rowdy, has the personality the size of Texas. He's hilarious. He's handsome. He's one in a million. He never stops going. Ever. But then we don't have one bored moment in the past 4 years either thanks to this little boy. He loves cheese and baseball. He loves to snuggle. Grown out of his nap in the last month (wah!) but at the same he also is watching movies and giggling at the right points. He loves life and lives it to the fullest. Is the MOST curious little boy in the whole wide world.

Ah Lil'Dude. You have my heart. You bless us everyday, even when you are being ultra crazy hyper and giggly.

In about 5 days it will be the 4th anniversary of me meeting him for the first time, which is always very emotional. I feel extremely lucky to be his mom but I also have a distinct awareness of how hard this must be for his birthparents. I truly feel blessed that they chose us to parent this fun loving child. He not only made us parents, but he showed me what the meaning of happiness is. And exhaustion. But mostly happiness. No matter how exhausted we are though, we are 110% content.


Time for another one? You just might be right...

1 comment:

  1. i hate you for making me cry at work. jerkface.

    seriously though...love this post!

    ReplyDelete