Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Chick-Fil-A Incident

Today we'll be taking a trip down my bumpy and sometimes large portions missing memory lane....

to the Chick-Fil-A Incident.


It started where all things horrible start...with a dentist appointment. Both the kids had one that morning and they did phenomenal, no cavities, but of course we got news that they will probably both need braces. Needless to say we just went ahead and arranged for every other paycheck to transfer there until they are 18.

So to celebrate the kid's fabulous behavior I am taking them to Chick-Fil-A! Excitement! Laughter! Chicken Nuggets!!

We order and semi-eat until they contain it any longer, they must go to play in the play area. Lil'Dude rushes into the play area and Lil'Guy follows, then quickly realizes I'm not there so runs back to me. Then cries because he wants to play, then cries because he is  too scared. I end up bribing him to stay with me with Lil'Dude's leftover nuggets.

Then I notice beside me there is a table of moms. Not just any moms. Frisco moms. Very high-end moms with their made-to-order 2 kids all 2 years apart exactly and their 400$ strollers. I'm talking at least 10 of these high priced mommas.

It's all going fine until I hear a kid screaming. Most parents would think "Uh oh, I wonder what happened". I think "Lil'Dude."

Well the kid runs out of the play area screaming at the top of his lungs. I remain calm and am about to go check when another mom comes out of the play area obviously looking around, I see her spot Christopher (thinking "okay so that must be the mom"), then say to me "Uhhh those two were both fighting" (while pumping her fists like fist fighting). I dumbly stare and say "fist fighting?". Yup.

Now the other screaming kid is probably 5 - 6 years old and about twice the size of Lil'Dude. So I am thinking "really Lil'Dude!?" and I go in there. He's in the car on top of the play area.

I admit...my first thought was "Obviously the play car wasn't big enough for both of them". *Snicker.*

After 5 minutes of red-faced-seriously-mad-whispering to get him out of the play car and down to the floor, I tell him he is to apologize and we are going home. He looks at me like "whatever" then goes and apologizes.

The other kid was still wailing when Lil'Dude went up to him and apologized, of course he didn't say a word and his mom didn't have him apologize back. Ugh. C'mon Lil'Dude, you can put up a performance like that, at least PRETEND that it hurt you too. Oh and the wailing 6 year old's mom? One of the table-o-moms. I'd tell you it was the highlighted obviously-not-real-blond one but that wouldn't narrow it down much. Anyways, now the whole table is looking at me with dirty looks as the kid that's twice the size of Lil'Dude keeps sobbing and screaming because they BOTH fought EACH OTHER.

Well. That changes the game.

Now I'll admit Lil'Dude was in the wrong. But it takes two to rumble. Don't you be blaming me because your kid can't hold up his own. I give them back a look that clearly tells them where they can put their high dollar lipsticked mouths, tell the kids they aren't getting ice cream (which only THEN makes Lil'Dude mad and cry). I can see them all turn their matching-yoga-outfitted bodies to me as I leave and I "accidentally" may or may not have dropped something on the ground and had to bend over to get it. Right when they turned their heads.

"Oops."

Okay but really. What 3 year old gets into a fist fight!? How do they even know how to do that!? And why the HECK couldn't he have at least squeezed out a tear?? Ah well...it's never boring I'll tell you that.

2 comments: