Tuesday, April 15, 2014

We did it!!


 

 
I have been wanting to rip out the bushes in front of our house since the day we moved in. They completely block the view of my kids playing outside and the pond and fountain across the street.

Plus, oh em gee we have spent way too much time cutting the darn things. I hate hate hate hate those dumb bushes. I really want to find the guy who planted them and beat him upside the head with them...okay that's a little drastic. Or not.

We had a weekend without soccer last weekend and because they forecasted rain and crappy weather we decided it would be perfect timing. Sarcasm. Because my husband can do nothing the normal way, he actually attached the bushes to a rope and then to our car and ripped them out. Because of course we did.

I am so mad I didn't get a picture of it. However, at that point I could barely move. Apparently, we aren't teenagers anymore and our bodies hate us.

It dramatically changed the look but most importantly the functionality of the front of our home. We kept some of the bushes, transplanted others, and threw away a ton. We replaced them with Hawthornes and a few other plants in varying texture and color. I can't wait for them to bloom. The roots in the awful, horrible, no-good, very bad before bushes were a b*&ch to dig up. I have already decided we are never ever doing that again. Although it was not the best way to spend a rainy weekend, I am so glad we did and so proud of it! Whoo-hoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment