Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kindergarten, Approved, and K-State...all in a week's work.

So it finally happened.

My oldest child went to big school for his very first day of Kindergarten.


Lil'Dude's First day of Kindergarten

Bringing out the guns


My baby and I


The greatness that is the fake (borderline creepy) smile.

He was SO excited, which helped me. I only teared up one time when we were getting ready to leave. It's just so surreal to me that he is in school. He doesn't seem that old. Man, time really has flown and that makes me equal parts sad and happy since we have been there for all of it. He was definitely ready for the big K, and he didn't have an ounce of scared in him. Pretty sure school sealed the deal for him when he confirmed (for the thousanth time) that he did not have to take a nap anymore.

We were even *gasp* on time. I know. Crazy.

He had a great first day. I am so proud of him!! He stayed on blue (which is good) and the teacher said he is so smart. That afternoon, he bounced out of the school to me and hugged me tight, smiling all the way.

Until the car doors shut.

Then it was like Satan reared his ugly head up and entered our Explorer. When asked about his day he grunted and refused to talk to me. By the time he got home I had to force him out of the car and he told me he was mad at me but when I asked why he just looked away like he couldn't come up with a reason that fast.

Then he started crying and didn't know why he was crying.

Then he laid down on the ground and covered up with a blanket. I asked if he was tired, and he angrily shouted NO and then yanked the covers away from himself and all but growled up at me as I swear little horns started showing from his head.

Luckily after getting opinions from my local Facebook Family, I threw food at him for the next 20 minutes and it was like a miracle descended. He calmed down and by the time Brewerman came home Lil'Dude happily told his tale of school as I looked on in shock since I hadn't heard ANY of that.

Ah well, I guess there is a new "witching" hour in town. It isn't just for newborns anymore.


Oh on other news.....WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!

 
That's right, woot woot, holla holla, ah-ooga ah-ooga.


We immediately sent out our profiles (which I am already second guessing the darned things), activated our online profiles, and we are LIVE! (It's Saturday night!!! Yay 90's reference!)

Despite not admitting that I'm a tad dissapointed that we already didn't receive a call, I am happy with everything. I have decided NOT to link it to our blog (let's be honest...I don't do filters well so having to apply one to this blog aint gonna happen mmmkay?), but if you would like to see them let me know and I will send you a link directly.

Basically now, all we do is wait.


For 12...long....months.



AND THEN...because this is a three-fer blog.


Last weekend, to start our "thisisgoingtosuckandtakeforeverletsgetourmindoffofit" waiting time, we went to a KState football game with my brother and Dannananner. It was so fun! The kids got the red carpet basically, tailgating, being able to go on the field pre-game and shake the players hands, then be a part of the tunnel as the guys ran out and meet Willie the Wild cat.
Mean Football Faces on the Players Bench

With Stinky Uncle Jakethefake

Just a few bad mamajamas.

My boys and I on the field

It was amazing, the game was a blast. The boys loved the loud music and doing the "first down" chop. Plus there were fireworks at the end timed to some pretty cool music.


And, you know, NBD but we did make the KState Sport Facebook Fan Page.


Because we just exude awesomeness.


Then, the next morning at breakfast we met the KState Basketball team!!
  
The boys got a picture with Adrian Diaz (who is 7'1")!! They totally freaked when he stood up and wouldn't go near him (poor guy). Lil'Dude whispered to me "Is he a giant?",  then they went back inside and got brave and had regrets, so we had to go BACK out there and take a picture with him. Because I am so lazy I don't want to plug my camera in, you get the half-a$$ picture we took on our phone of me trying to tell the boys to take a picture with him and them refusing to budge as they stand and gawk at him.



These boys are so spoiled!


So back to reality it is for us...but we won't have a lot of downtime since we have soccer for Lil'Dude and Lil'Guy (separate teams) and somehow Brewerman got conned into coaching 3 and 4 year old soccer for Lil'Guy's team (hahahahahaha). It's their first year so it will be interesting to see how they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment