Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Faking It

Let's sit down and have a conversation about faking it.

We have all done it at one point or another. Sometimes we are just too tired, sometimes we are just lazy, and for some of us it's just the idea that having to get going that just makes us want to cry.

Well.

It happened to me. And it's not so cute when it happens to you.

Especially when it requires you to take off stuff...

Like Work.

Wait. Are we talking about the same thing here?



This is my faker of a son. I can't prove that he wasn't sick and I still can't figure out how he made the thermometer go up to 101.

But this dude is NOT sick.


And I should add that during the taking of that picture he actually smiled huge, looked at me, I could literally see him thinking "Oh sh*t, I'm supposed to be sick!" and then gave me that sad look.

Psh. Don't even try that crap with me boy. It's not amature hour over here.



And NO your "sick" behind can not go play outside, or play video games, or have chips since supposedly your "throat hurts so bad".


And even though I thought pre-kids I would be way cooler as a mom and just take the day to chill out with you and know that maybe you needed a down day....in reality your manipulative too-smart-for-your-own-good butt would then start crying sick every other day, making me take off work and pay the doctor more money from your college fund to tell me it is probably some odd virus that he can't detect. At all. (P.s. Holy-run-on-sentence)

So I'm going to do what my parents did for my own manipulative behind...make you sit in your room, have zero fun, and realize that staying home with mom or dad faking sick isn't fun at all. Make it where if you could have went to school by hour #2, you would have. But alas, dear Lil'Dude just like your dear old mom you are in fact just as stubborn as well and will ride this train out as long as you have to instead of admitting anything.


Update:

Just got back from the doctor, from what I was sure was a wasted trip since nothing hurt anymore miraculously.


And



He has strep.


Well....oops. Okay okay....I sort of believe him now.

2 comments: