Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Summer Love Affair...STOP COPYING ME!

Why hello lover. It’s nice to see you again. I have missed you so much. I know I told the kids they aren’t allowed to have you, or look at you, or acknowledge your presence in any way. *smack, crunch, slobber, smack, crunch* But I think my husband knows. He isn’t buying the lies any more.

Oh. Did I say that out loud? Sorry, having a love affair with these new yogurt chips I found at Sprouts.
Yum.
They are strictly for recipes, or more specifically the granola-bars-I-should-never-have-made-because-now-I-have-to make-them-every-stinking-week-because-my-family-is-too-spoiled-to-eat-the-pre-made. Long name, yummy but annoying results. Especially when your-favorite-Brewerman eats all of them. Ah hem. But the yogurt chips are simply too good not to sneak a few every now and then. Few handfuls that is. Don't tell my kids or husband who I scold if I think they are thinking of sneaking a few also.

What is that you say? Where the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks have I been the last few months? I am a woman of mystery.
Okay not so much, in reality we have been going through some tough stuff here with behavior issues, etc etc. Not ready to blog about it quite yet, maybe that will be next week when I figure out how much information is too much.  I will say, however, that we are finally at a better place. It’s been fabulous. So much so I am sitting here blogging while the boys are in the other room playing “who can be the better superhero”. I heart having boys. Most days.
So the summer is almost over. I hate this. I love summer, the swimming, the grilling, the flip flops, the watermelon. But then again the 145 degree temperature puts a damper on things like the swimming (bath water), the grilling (let’s throw some fire in the fire), the flip flops (farmers tan got nothing on a flip flop tan), the watermelon. Wait, no, nothing can damper watermelon. Watermelon is amazing even on the surface of the sun. Mmmmmmm, oh and let me tell you seeded watermelon is so much sweeter than seedless, no matter what they say.

Because I am a super awesome mommy, my kids know how to swim. And again, because I am a super awesome mommy, this excites me because it means I can work on my swim and not have to deal with them. That’s not really true. Well not all days. Okay so not really quite there yet, but close! I can practically smell that adult pool calling while the boys are playing peacefully in the other pool. Stop laughing. It will happen one day, I may be 75 doing water aerobics but it WILL happen. But I am really proud of them. Cooper has really done well and can swim across the pool now.

OH! And I have to brag. So Lil’Guy being Lil’Guy, he thinks he is an Olympic swimmer, so he jumped in the deep end with no where to go while I was on the other side of the pool. (Side note, Run-on sentence much?) Well Lil’Dude jumps in, swims to the bottom, then lifts him up with his arms above his head while still in the water, pushing Lil’Guy to the side. Isn’t that amazing? It has happened a few times actually. Lil’Guy does know how to swim to the side but tends to panic, and jumps randomly in at times while not really watching where I am. But he is much better now. Now that summer is over of course.
And now that I have sufficiently bragged about my kids can I just say how annoying they can be? Not all around, they are all around great funny kids. But this new thing they are doing….ugh. We have all done it as kids, and thought we were super funny also. But I swear if they keep copying me? Well, if they were a few decades older I would just punch them in the face. But they aren’t, and I am not crazy (yet) so I do the mature thing….I start saying things like “I have stinky feet” and “I don’t want a snack”. Sometimes they call my bluff and keep copying until I scream “STOP COPYING ME!!!” bang my head on the wall a few times and run into my closet to pull my hair out. Usually the food thing stops them. Snack time is serious business here.
Other than that, it’s been a long summer, and we are excited for the coming year. We are already planning Halloween and Lil’Dude already told me what he wants from Santa. Which is a 10$ toy. Santa will be so happy!
Well my chicken broth is almost done simmering, so I better run. And yes I did just put that in here to brag and impress you all once again by my amazing-ness. But you better believe no “actual running” will be involved.
Yeah, remember “The Fanny Pack Crew”? Well we had to stop because it has been so freaking hot here, but we have started up again. But I have made a conclusion – I can not run. Also, running is much harder than it looks. Who knew? I mean it looks all easy. Ugh. It’s a sore spot. I will file that under “just not going to happen” alongside Chicken Fried Steak. And homemade biscuits. Stupid biscuits.

I hope you all had a fabuloso summer. I promise I will be on here more (I know you are holding your breath and simply can not live with my random thoughts. Ha!). Until then, say some prayers for our mental well being, until our boys grow out of the copying phase.
We are definetely going to need them.

1 comment:

  1. Two things, well three. One, you crack me up! Two, where on earth did you find a seeded watermelon? I feel like they are all seedless these days. And I agree with you about the biscuits. Bloody things. I can't count how many time I've tried to make them. I'll take CFA biscuits over any homemade ones I've concocted any day.

    ReplyDelete