Monday, May 30, 2011

A trip to Kansas and one heck of a wedding

My cousin, Ginandtonic got married this past weekend! See, technically today is still part of memorial day weekend so I can say "this past" weekend. I am not that late posting.

We spent the week in Kansas since I had to bake said cakes and needed to be up the weekend before anyways for my brothers graduation from law school. I am SO SO proud of my brother. He's had one hell of a hard couple of years and he made it through! Yay!

Anyways we didn't have much time in between making and preparing for the wedding cakes (yes I made her cakes!). I had to work too a couple of days too, but we squeezed in a short half day of shopping with my forever awesome shopping partner (aka mom). The boys didn't do too bad despite Lil'Dude thinking it was funny to hide from us and causing a few panic induced moments and Lil'Guy turning three and deciding he is the king of the crop now. He has major attitude happening. Like telling me that "I not your best friend." or " I not talking to you." or even lovely "No YOU stop talking mommy." Whew.

Anywho it was awesome to see my family but hated not having more time to visit others. The wedding was awesome. The grooms cake gave me some issues. A whole sheet cake came up missing so we had to piecemeal part of it together. Then it sorta sagged more than I liked because of it. The grooms cake was his favorite books with a welding helmet on top (for this welder who loves to read).

Whatever though, it all ended up fine. I have to breathe deep or I'll end up throwing it all in the trash. At the last minute I changed the wedding cake design and I loved how it came out. My cousin Ginandtonic is a little spunky, a little hippy, and a little country all mixed in and the decorations she used where phenomenal and the cake fit in perfect. In the end the cake SCREAMED "Ginandtonic" which is what I wanted. Plus the wedding...oh the wedding was so fun. You don't know what your missing if you've never been to one of my family's weddings. We know how to throw a party, let me tell you.





OH! Oh and a got to where "the dress". The one I have been waiting a whole year to wear. I was going to wear it to Brewerman's Christmas party and the boys got sick. I was more disappointed about not wearing the dress than not going. That is how much I adore it. Plus I bought my boys little suits to match with pink striped shirts. They looked so handsome, I loved my dress, my husband is shedding pounds and looked HOT! It was a good...good wedding.



Congratulations Ginandtonic and GreeneggsandhamSamIam!!! You guys will have a long gloriously happy marriage. With lots of beautiful babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment